Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Reality of a Day 5 Transfer

Well, on one hand, I made it to the Day 5 transfer. On the other hand, when I arrived at the ARTS department I didn't receive the news I had been praying for. I have been waiting for the ball to drop and it looks like this might be it folks.

Out of my 4 excellent day 3 embryos, 2 good and 3 average (I'll leave out the 3 poor ones here) only 3 made it to blast. Barely. The two they had to transfer were basically a "C" with some "D" components. I can't really remember what the embryologist was saying, but she kept saying that they were "early" blasts. Huh? She said it's very hard to grade early blasts. Hmm..... I was hoping for at least a B here. I knew quality would be a problem. Ugh. The 3rd blast didn't even make it to freeze. Double ugh. So, this is it. They transferred two low grade blasts and now I wait.

It feels like so much to go through for that kind of news. Everyone assumes that if you do IVF, you'll get pregnant.

I keep praying. And praying. I have already taken so much time off from work and now it looks like I might have to take more time off again if this doesn't work. If this doesn't work, I'll have to have another hysteroscopy and then time off again for IVF.

Please pray for me. I need prayers. I need to believe this can work. Please let it work!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. John 14:1

Dallas Girl
x0x0

0 comments:

Post a Comment