Thursday, April 8, 2010

Retrieval Day

I have survived retrieval! I never made it to retrieval on my first IVF, so it feels good to cross this hurdle! When we checked in at 7:15 am this morning the nurse asked me how many eggs we were expecting. I was hesitant to answer (didn't want to jinx myself) but I said that there were about 10 follicles I thought. She reviewed all the ART lab procedures and then I was wheeled into the room.

When I woke up, my RE said he collected 21 eggs. Ummm....excuse me? Did they find a third ovary or something? I couldn't believe it. I still don't believe it folks. I know what you are thinking...that I should be over the moon with these numbers. That other women would kill for these numbers. But, I just can't let myself get too excited. Needless to say, I am still worried that none will fertilize or all will be crap. Ugh. Those years of drinking and smoking in college way heavily on my mind. Not to mention the six months of accutane. The worrying never stops!

I just pray the we have some great, mature eggs that fertilize or that they will use ICSI before it's too late! I also pray that we can get at least one excellent blast to transfer, hopefully on Day 5. The nurse kept talking about having leftover embryos to freeze. I just kind of laughed and said that's the least of my worries! I have to get some embryos first :)

So, another night of prayer and bad TV to keep my mind busy. Thank goodness I am going to work tomorrow, as I might go crazy waiting for the lab to call.

Please say a little prayer for me if you can :)

Dallas Girl
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment