Thursday, February 11, 2010

Too Good to be True??

I actually received some good news today when I went to the doctor! How often does that happen in my world?!? Haha. I had an ultrasound today to determine how my lining/uterus is doing on my hormone replacement therapy. This protocol is being used because I have Asherman's Syndrome and had scar tissue removed on December 30th. After surgery, I started taking estrogen and progesterone to encourage healing and growth of the lining. Who knew your body needed estrogen to heal?

Well, the nurse AND THE DOCTOR were very happy with my lining and how everything looked. Thank you God! I have been praying and praying. It's the best news I have heard since April 2009 really. I am not out of the woods yet... still have to wait until I start my period at the end of the month, so that I can have a saline sonogram. This will be the true test! I am hoping that all works out, so I can start IVF stims on March 6th. I am trying to not get too excited about everything as my ovarian reserve is TERRIBLE, but the doctor really made me feel better today. I finally feel hopeful that I have a chance at pregnancy. That makes me happy.

It's snowing in Dallas. Like, really snowing! It's been coming down all day. I'm not a huge fan of snow, but it's been really pretty. The hubby and I are going to make a little breakfast food for dinner and watch some Grey's Anatomy (even though the show has gotten super depressing lately).

Thank, thank you for all the prayers!

Dallas Girl
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment