Friday, February 19, 2010

I feel like I'm lying...

I finally ate the frog (it's a book, but don't bother reading it if you've ever read, Who Moved My Cheese - ha!) and emailed by boss this morning. You see, I am supposed to travel for work and you can't do that during an IVF cycle. I just couldn't bring myself to tell him:
a) in person or
b) that I was doing IVF, which is the reason for no travel.

So, I kinda ate that frog! I think I was some what honest in my email... I said that I needed to have a small procedure (egg retrieval and transfer) and treatment (meds) for which I will have to be closely monitored for a few weeks in March. So I won't be able to fly. I guess if he asks, I'll say it's a female thing. My VP of Marketing knows that I have had several procedures for scarring and endo, so she'll probably confirm it if he asks.

I just hope that I am not ruining my chances for success by not giving up the entire truth. I don't want to jinx myself!! I don't need any bad luck or karma right now. I know that sounds crazy, but I want this to work! Please God. Let this turn out with a baby at the end. I am running out of sanity, tears and money. Not to mention I have the ovaries of a 45 year old woman and I am 31! I am running out of time here!

It's another rainy, yucky day in Dallas. I feel like I moved to Seattle. Which reminds me....I must watch Grey's Anatomy from last night. I keep watching the damn show, even though it's not that great anymore.

Happy Weekend Friends!

Dallas Girl
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment